http://imaohio.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Logo_Karate-2-300x254.png 0 0 atomic http://imaohio.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Logo_Karate-2-300x254.png atomic2019-08-14 15:49:082020-05-19 09:23:13Reasons To Train in Martial Arts
- CONFIDENCE: Shyness, insecurities, being easily offended, are all a symptom of fear. Martial Arts challenges students and demonstrates to them the ability to overcome their fears and resolve problems calmly and logically. Our programs is built to grow step by step the ability to be courageous in front of overwhelming odds and show that nothing is as hard as it seems. it shows them that they do not need to fight prove themselves.
- CHARACTER: We teach courage and humility. We teach that the skills to be used properly and to help others. We teach our students to be considerate and willing stand by their principles.
- TEAMWORK & COMPETITION: We train our students to look at their opponents as training partners, to work together to develop their skills as a team. Tournaments are encouraged, so they can test themselves against those who have different skills, and learn and improve new skills. Tournament competition is also a great way for students to meet new friends from all over the state and even the country. And they are FUN!!!
- BULLY AVOIDANCE: Bully’s are insecure and always trying to prove something. Our students do not need to prove anything, so they do not respond to a bully with violence, but in a calm humble manner. Students are not offended words because they have the confidence in their skills and training, and will only use defensive skills if threatened with physical violence, and do their best to control the situation, and minimize any injury.
- LEADERSHIP: Martial Artists are leaders and role models, and do not take advantage of their skills, but share their knowledge and assist others. They are their to lend a hand and set the example for others to follow.
- FITNESS: Martial Arts is a fun and unique way to build a great and fun fitness regimen. Martial Arts is fitness that can be done throughout your life, whether it is the stretching and flowing movements of Kung Fu, the breathing forms of Go JuRyu, the stretching and high kicking of TaeKwon Do, or the easy internal overall physical work in Tai Chi. We have a Martial Art for everyone.
- SELF DEFENSE: Our self defense program goes much farther than striking and punching. We train our students, TO AVOID TROUBLE! Not to go where they shouldn’t and not to do what can get them in trouble. How to deal with adults and how to escape and find people who can help. In defending against other children, we teach them to use minimum force or even control the student. We even teach them when to Run Away!!! and be confident enough to do so!
- IMPROVED SCHOOLWORK: Students take the skills they have learned and use them to improve themselves in school. In addition we build incentives for students to do well in their grades, to earn extra credit in testing and belt advancement.
- GOAL SETTING AND ACHIEVEMENT OVER COMPETITION: Each student steps up the ladder of success through our unique goal setting program of belts. each belt means a challenge has been met and the student progresses up to more challenging skills. Winning and losing is irrelevant, how the student treats each new step shows his character development and confidence. As a blackbelt, to gain their rank, they will go up against much more experienced Black belts, and are not expected to win the matches. The way they deal with certain defeat and how hard they battle back is the real test of their resilience and their character, and is the real way they achieve the top rank. These virtues can carry them through life and help them deal with critical situations successfully and fearlessly.